Isn't that rather a lot of sugar though? Also isn't there potassium in Pedialyte? Thank you for your reply. dee

On 22 Jul 2009, at 17:14, Sandy Hollis wrote:

here is a recipe for Oral Rehydration Therapy [ORT] it works very well for adults, children and animals. I prefer this to Gatorade or Pedialyte because I can make it myself and I know exactly what is in it.

The "simple solution"

 Home made ORS recipe

Preparing a 1 (one) litre oral rehydration solution [ORS] using Salt, Sugar and Water at Home

Mix an oral rehydration solution using one of the following recipes; depending on ingredients and container availability:

Ingredients:

one level teaspoon of salt
eight level teaspoons of sugar
one litre of clean drinking or boiled water and then cooled
5 cupfuls (each cup about 200 ml.)
Preparation Method:

Stir the mixture till the salt and sugar dissolve.

Best regards...

Sandy