Right on, Jim.

Trem

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jim Holmes
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Monday, July 27, 2009 8:23 AM
  Subject: Re: CS>Testing Effectivity of CS in the Labratory

  Ask him to try the sol in broth, not plated media.

  On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 8:09 AM, Dan Nave <bhangcha...@gmail.com> wrote:

    I gave some Colloidal Silver solution to an old friend of mine that I
    met at a reunion who happens to be a microbiologist.  I happened to
    have some CS with me and he was intrigued with it and said he was
    willing to do some tests of it's effectivity.  I have included his
    response below.  If anyone has some suggestions on how to test it
    properly, please let me know.  Also, any relevant reference as well.

    He says:

    "I tested the colloidal silver solution using the methodology that we
    use in the lab to test standardized antibiotics.  I created a lawn of
    bacteria of known density on agar plates, and then placed a drop of
    the silver solution in the center of the plate, which then diffused
    through the bacteria and into the agar medium.   None of the 9 most
    commonly encountered organisms showed any zone of inhibition.  The
    organisms I used in this experiment were E. coli, E. coli (ESBL),
    Staph. aureus and MRSA, Enterococcus, Pseudomonas aeruginosa,
    Moraxella cattarrhalis, Group A beta Strep, and Streptococcus
    pneumoniae.

     "I have to google the subject as I am surprised that there was no
    inhibitory effect what so ever at the dosage level direct from the
    bottle you provided.  I am wondering whether in vivo there is another
    mechanism utilized that is not demonstrated by my plate technique.
    I'm interested in knowing more, so if you have some references please
    pass them on."

    Thanks,

    Dan