I completed my first batch last night ...just about 24hrs ago.  Used the same
US cleaner from Harbor Freight.  I purchased from the bulk section at my
favorite health foods store, 100% ascorbic acid (ph 2.1)  $4.84 for .20 lb and
soy lecithin granules at 5.97 for 1 lb.  With the machine I've only got about
$35.00 invested and will make several batches before I need to purchase more
ascorbic acid.
I used room temp distilled water.  Stirred in separate cups for almost 15
minutes off and on.  It took that long for both to dissolve.  There was a
little bit of oiliness on the top of the dissolved lecithin and I could still
find a stray undisolved granule or two, but really had to dig for those.
Processed for 4 cycles (8 minutes while gently stirring).  After the first
cycle the liquid started splashing drops out of the unit, but I just kept going.
Poured into 2 sterlized glass jelly jars and put in the fridge.  Two hours
later there was a separation of some type, leaving about 1/8th inch of slightly
darker liquid in the bottom of the jars.  Now, 24 hrs later it looks exactly
the same. It is close to the color of beaten raw egg.

All this is in hopes of helping a feline I have that has probable feline herpes
virus, even though tests are negative.  He got his first tiny dose last night.
He gets regular nebulizing with cs and a bit of DMSO.  Anyone have any thoughts
to if there would be a benefit to adding some of this encapsulated c to the
nebulizing liquid?

I'll try the confirmation test Brooks has described over the weekend.  For now,
I'll continue using what I have already made.

We are anxious to try it in the all organic goats milk, cs soap we make for
troubled skin.

Maybe no new pointers here, but it all seems simple enough.
Anxious to read of others experiences,
Lin