Hi Brooks,

Constipation upon ingesting substances which do not ordinarily constipate,
like lecithin, could reflect evidence of a pre-existing imbalance in the gut
ecology. I offer this as one  who is managing such an imbalance, due to
candida overgrowth, AND who more often than not drinks three gallons of water
each day (almost never less than two).  It is always easier for this gut to
be constipated than to process normally.  Many foods, and some supplements,
which do not affect the majority, still affect me.  Two pieces of white
bread, and this gut is thrown into turmoil; six pieces, and the problem can
go on something like a month or more.

Perhaps it is difficult to create constipation in subjects whose gut ecology
is  in balance?

Best wishes,
Taylor

<< Just one note, however.  We were unable to "create" constipation in
 either animal subjects, or human volunteers. through variations of diet
 substances (by nature or bulk), provided all subjects were properly hydrated.
 Conversely, it was quite simple to incite fluid-laden stools.
                         I hope this information is of some value to you.
                                 Sincerely.  Brooks Bradley. >>