Hi,
I got these rods from this guy - Pdxsilverguydotcom - (that's how he writes it) on ebay. It was a hassle and a half just to get them - but he seemed decent and has good feedback - so ordered them. I didn't clean them before doing the batch - just rinsed them off. Basically - I just connected 4 9v's to the connectors - then took the red of one side and the black of the other side connected them to the rods with the alligator clips. The rods I bent at the top - put them through a plastic lid of a jar filled with the water. Waited - made some adjustments to the clips till I did see some particles rising and waited about 3 hours.

Joy

B.Trig wrote:
Hi Joy,

I never saw that question the first time, not sure why that is...
But Joseph is right, a description of your generator setup might help.
Your electrodes should definitely not be black, especially not within an hour. Are you sure you're working with silver of at least .999 purity (i.e., 99.9% pure silver)? Also, a lot of us use those green scrubby pads to clean the silver electrodes. Maybe you had some sort of residue on there?
As for the barnacles well, I do hope you're not using sea water!
;)