Unfortunately, enteric coating is highly toxic, especially to children. They contain phathalates I believe. I get my serrapeptase from Rainbow Wellbeing and they say that they have tested efficacy of both enteric coated tablets and those with none, and there is no difference almost. They say that as long as it is taken on an empty stomach there should be no problem with stomach acid. They sell both kinds so are not biased, I wouldn't have thought. dee