On 28 Aug 2009 at 19:03, Kirsteen Wright wrote about :
Subject : CS>OT Vit D

> Sorry this off yopic but I really don't know where else to ask. I believe
> we're probably all short of Vit D especially here in Scotland. I'd ordered
> some supplements (Biolife Vit D3) and started taking them. I persuaded my
> doc to test my blood levels (no idea what test they actually did) and he
> agreed I wasmarginally low. so prescribed One-Alpha 0.25mcg alfacalcidol.
> now I may just be highly suspicious of the medical profession but this
> looks more like a medicine than a drug and I'm finding it very hard to get
> any info on it. Does anyone know anything about it?
>
> thanks
> Kirsteen

Hi Kirsteen,
I found One-Alpha 0.25mcg alfacalcidol in an old copy of the South
African Medicines Formulary. Doesn't say much. Its a Vitamin D analogue.

Adult dose 1mcg daily, increased according to patients response, usually
1 to 3 mcg daily. The usual maintenance dose is 0.25 to 1mcg.

Just an engineers thought ; but what about Cod liver oil or Halibut liver
oil or Scotts emulsion. That would give you Vit A and D.

OK,
Tony