I am not sure if CS will cause the cytokine storm but I would recommend that
your son get out in the sun and get as much natural vitamin D as he can...at
least 10-15 minutes a day. If he cannot do that then get him on vit. D3
supplements.

My son [27] went to New Zealand the first of August and caught something pretty
bad while there but he works outside [in the sun] and I put him on D3 2 weeks
before he went so it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been...his
girlfriend ended up going to the emergency room with the same bug. So far the
doctors she went to tell her it's not the flu yet they do not test her for it.
IMO she has the symptoms...sore throat, coughing, fever, throwing up and
headache...they even tried to tell her she had a urinary tract infection...they
wanted to cathorize her in the ER and she refused to let them. geez

I also had my son gargle with CS and I made up CS nose mist for him...he seemed
to do just fine on it but then I'm not positive he had the flu.

Hopefully we can all avoid the flu...I'm taking precautionary measures...at
this point it's the best we can do.

Best regards...

Sandy

Live and let live...