When I had breast cancer 20 years ago they did a mastectomy and wanted to do
both chemo and radiation.  I refused both but my mother was crazed so for
her, I let her choose which one I should do, as I simply refused to do both.
 At that time I did not know anything much at all about alternative methods,
but thankfully that cancer put me on this path.  Anyway, she chose chemo
because she said "at least you will get 6 months of treatment with that".

So, I go in by myself each month because the chemo did not make me feel sick
 tired, bad, anything.  BUT--on the morning of the 5th treatment, I pulled
up in front of the clinic and as I stepped outside my car, for the first and
only time I've ever felt/heard such a thing, my body LITERALLY screamed NO.

I should have gotten right back in the car and drove away, but being the
good little girl that I was back then--I have since learned better--I
thought I'd upset everyone by not going in.  So I went in, but had made up
my mind not to take the last treatment.

You get the blood work, then go to the doctor who ok's you to take the
treatment or not, and schedules the next appointment.  I fully expected her
to get mad when I told I said "if 6 are as good as 4 why on EARTH do you
make people take 6??"  She said "well, it's like insurance.  If 4 are good
then 6 are better".

And I thought--ah haaaa, of course.  Insurance.  Back then my insurance
company paid $2500 a month for the treatment.

So--for most people who are not already on an alternative wellness path, and
who do not understand what this involves, they can be overwhelmed with
choices, and fear, and so fall back on what doctors tell them because at
least "someone in authority, that knows everything, will tell me the correct
thing to do".  People have never been taught to take personal responsibility
for their health, and when it comes to something life threatening they are
more than willing to go with the person who SOUNDS authoritative.  Because a
doctor will tell you "this is what you MUST do, or die".  And not too many
people can stand up to that.

Samala,
RENEE