In my opinion, making your own is a PITA, because the purchased bottle
lasts a long time (I'm still on my first. I had bought 2).
However, I DID purchase the sodium chlorite (1 lb) to have "just in
case". Looks like it'll be a lifetime supply.

If I run out of ready-made, I'll purchase more ready-made, if it's
available. Make my own  only as a last resort.

                                                Chuck

There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.