From: Ruth Bertella <berte...@lfdcbham.com>
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Sent: Tuesday, October 6, 2009 9:46:38 AM
Subject: CS>Dental Issues

I went to the dentist yesterday.  Apparently my periodontal disease is back
(well, I'm thinkin it never fully goes away - ya must have to stay very
diligent forever).  Or at least it's a big problem again (wonder why nothing
was said 6 months ago?).  I thought I had conquered this back in 2005 with
diligent cleaning and almost obsessive use/swishing of CS.  I only had a
minimal amount of plaque (less than most patients they said).

Some of my teeth have gotten loose this time as well.  There is only one that
is noticeable to me.  But on the xrays you can see where the bone is
deteriorating.  The dentist said this will spread and the worst teeth should
probably be pulled.  And the "pockets" in the gums have enlarged again.  He
wrote an rx for doxycycline and wants me to see a periodontist.  I did not fill
the rx and don't intend to see any other doctors.  I told him this, and about
CS, and he wants to see me again on 11/5/09 to see how I progress with my 'home
remedies'.  LOL   He's not against my using home remedies, but of course says
he can't professionally endorse them either.  He's giving me time to try to fix
things before making further recommendations.  (IF I fix everything, he will
probably want to do two crowns and possibly redo my upper partial to
accommodate the crown that has broken.  The other is a cavity on the lower back
molar at the gum line in the
 very back hardest to reach place - so he wants to crown instead of filling the
cavity?  go figure!))

I know I can mostly handle the pockets with very, very diligent muliple times
daily swishing CS.   But it seems a while back, someone posted about a protocol
that actually "tightened" their teeth.  Anyone remember that?  Details please -
what/how much/when, etc.

What suggestions can y'all offer to 'tighten' the teeth, keep the one cavity in
check so he doesn't have to fill or crown, rebuilding the bone and enamel, and
a long term plan to keep all this from raising it's ugly head again?

Thanks in advance for all suggestions!
Ruth