If you use a chemical miticide the DMSO could transport it into
the body and across the Blood Brain Barrier so be careful on
the timing.

I would not treat for mites unless you know that is what it is
since the treatments are mostly chemical.

And if it is yeast you are not addressing the yeast by treating
for mites since the treatments are different.

Garnet

--------
http://www.ldndatabase.com/forum
Dr Chris Steele, ITV's This Morning supporting LDN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVpjsDK0LPA

sol wrote:
MaryAnn Helland wrote:
Hi Dianne. It would probably depend on if the problem is ear mites, or a yeast infection, or both. CS would help the yeast infection, but not the ear mites.
I believe that with ear mites there are often secondary infections. CS/DMSO should help considerably with those, thus allowing any other treatments for the mites to be more effective.

I'd also give EIS[CS] orally AS the dog's drinking water. This will cut down any other subclinical infections the dog might have, and thus reduce the load on immune system. I believe from experience that in my pets mites have always been associated with immune suppression.
 sol