It is common knowledge that sugar, and empty carbs in general, feeds candida.
Does anyone know if Xylitol does the same?
We switched to Xylitol several years ago.  I tried other things, but I could
not tolerate stevia and have doubts about agave nectar.  We use Xylitol
whenever sweetening is called for, mostly coffee and tea. homemade jam, baked
goods, etc.
I was under the impression that Xylitol was helpful in getting rid of Candida.
That is based on this paragraph from one web site:

An interesting exception to this rule is Xylitol.  Dr. Ward Dean states that
this sweetener is not metabolized by humans OR yeast: "Yeast gobble it up,
thinking they're getting sugar, and die". He considers it one of the best
anti-candida strategies! However, I must add a cautionary note, since it
appears that for some, Xylitol is a problem.  Note that most Xylitol available
now is made from corn cobs, rather than the original Birch Bark.

We only used pure Birch sugar from Finland, very expensive, but I think worth
it since I can't drink coffee or tea without a teaspoon of sweetener, and I
have heard that most other forms of Xylitol are made from corn in China..

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Life-Sweetener-powder/dp/B000153A9M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1255455206&sr=8-1

Del