I think if you eat a healthy diet Dan, this would be true i.e. that we would get everything we need from our food. Unfortunately, hardly any of us here (UK) actually grow our own food anymore so have to have what we get in supermarkets. This of course, is less than perfect so hence we don't get the proper nutrition because it isn't actually *in* the food we eat. We also have pollution and acid rain etc., which contaminates everything. Plus if you are like me, I don't eat very well because I'm too lazy and tend to eat junk, so I feel that if I take good supplements, I am at least having *something* healthy! dee