Hi everyone, and especially any newer list members!

I just wanted to caution you:  Even though the "techies" among us are
having a jolly good time hashing over Victoria's experiments with
tiny computers and various other high tech gizmos for making
CS, *YOU* don't have to be that sophisitcated!

The consensus here is that even the simplest setups are enough to
brew your own CS. The basic 2 silver wires and a battery connected
with clipleads will do it with the right technique. Folks have used
the resulting product and reported long term success.

You can buy simple low voltage CS generators from many sources. Shop
around and you'll find more sophisticated electronics and bells and
whistles for not much more than the basic stuff.

Then there's the nearly bulletproof high voltage systems like those
from CSPro that cost a lot more but have a justifiably good
reputation.

And, you can buy a ready made CS from a number of vendors who people
here have used and recommended, or even from a few of our members who
manufacture CS to sell. (Conduct your business off-list, however!!!)

So don't let us tinkerers fool you into thinking this stuff is
beyond you. It's not. We just want to learn how to make the most
reliable, convenient, and useful devices possible. But, they
represent the refinement of simpler systems that *ALREADY WORK!!*

Be well, all!

Mike D.
[mdev...@mail.id.net                       ]
[Speaking only for myself...              ]