First, silver is not a heavy metal.
2nd The elimination rate of silver is about 99% in 48 hours [ Newton and Holmes 1996]

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:EIWO5Sg5eg8J:images.library.wisc.edu/EcoNatRes/EFacs/Argentum/Argentumv05/reference/econatres.argentumv05.jubergrisk.pdf+silver+toxicity+in+humans&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

----------
Page 1
Health Risk Assessment of Environmental Silver
Daland R. Juberg
Eastman Kodak Company
Rochester, New York, USA
Presently, there is a perceived disparity among U.S. regulatory initiatives and viewpoints concerning the hazard potential and subsequent health risk that silver in the environment poses to humans. The existence of a U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Reference Dose (RfD - a daily exposure level deemed to be acceptable for humans) for silver has largely been responsible for its inclusion on State or Federal lists of contaminants generally recognized as hazardous to either human health or the environment. To illustrate this point, the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR) developed a Toxicological Profile for silver based on Congressional mandates to "prepare toxicological profiles for hazardous substances which are most commonly found at facilities on the CERCLA National Priorities List and which pose the most significant potential threat to human health" (ATSDR 1990). Similarly, the EPA's Office of Solid Waste (EPA, 1997) and RCRA Program (EPA, 1996), respectively, have included silver amongst other hazardous environmental chemicals based on its 'potential' to cause adverse effects in humans. However, in 1991 the EPA reevaluated the database for silver and concluded that silver is not associated with chronic adverse health effects in humans. Consequently, the
Maximum Contaminant Level Goal (MCL) for silver in drinking water

 *******was deleted ******

(Federal Register, 1991). With this background, the following discussion is intended to show that (a) the inclusion of silver on lists of environmental contaminants that pose risks to human health should be revisited in light of our knowledge concerning the toxicity of, and relative exposure to silver, and (b) that chronic lifetime exposure to trace amounts of silver in the environment

****does not pose a human health risk.****

Silver has not been associated with adverse health effects or chronic toxicity in humans and there is no evidence for carcinogenicity, neurotoxicity, or reproductive/developmental toxicity resulting from exposure to silver. The current RfD for silver is based on argyria, a cosmetic pigmentation of the skin, mucous membranes, and eyes (primarily conjunctiva), that results from tissue deposition of a silver-protein complex or its metabolized product (silver sulfide or silver selenide) following long-term exposure (absorbed silver > 1 g) to silver or silver-containing compounds. It is important to note that argyria, the only known effect resulting from chronic overexposure to silver, is not associated with adverse health effects and this was the determining factor in the EPA's decision to delete the MCL in 1991. More relevant to this discussion, argyria has not been reported for, and is not expected to occur as a result of, environmental exposures.

** (absorbed silver > 1 g) should read "retained" silver..and.. retained despite the really fast elimination rate of 99% in 48 hours. [ ie: If you eat a gram of silver, only 100th of a gram will be absorbed and retained long enough to add to a total. ]

Before the RfD was DELETED, the average amount of CS at a normal concentration taken along with a normal amount of drinking water for a day was below that suggested max.
 Even at extreme exposures, argyria is extremely rare.

Attempts to produce the condition in animals, in order to study it, have been such abject failures that one researcher went to the silver [mining refining ] industry to go over their records and found the rate was 1 in 2,000 workers over a period of 100 years [?]..and that the rate of absenteeism in that industry due to illness was well below the norm.

[Info gained from following links from Rosemary Jacobs website [The Blue Lady posterchild] back when they were there to follow...unfortunately, didn't make copies of the studies and the links were apparently pulled after someone actually read and comprehended what the studies revealed.]

Ode