When silver ions dry up, they oxidize and turn into silver oxide...black specks that **look like** mold.

Ode

At 11:00 PM 11/10/2009 -0600, you wrote:
Well, sipping from the bottle can contaminate the entire batch so it
becomes ineffective. It is important to  pour it into a clean bottle
(well rinsed with distilled water) and then pour it out into something
else without touching skin to the jar edge.

I have seen some kind of mold (tiny specks) on the underside of the
cap on my bottle after a long time.

Kathryn