 A series of 3 nines IS a DC unit.
The power is the the exact same as what comes out of a well rectified and regulated wall transformer.

Ode

At 04:02 PM 11/16/2009 -0800, you wrote:
OK -- this reminds me of a question I've had on my mind for some time. Why does one need regulating diodes and volt meters in order to use a Wall DC unit for making EIS? I don't understand why you just can't plug one in and monitor the time. Diodes and volt meters aren't required when using a series of 9V batteries -- what makes a DC unit different? MA

From: "Medwith, Robert J Mr CIV USA AMC" <mailto:robert.j.medw...@us.army.mil>robert.j.medw...@us.army.mil

You can make a Controlled Current Generator with and Wall  DC power supply
using
a Current Regulating Central Diode they come in various currents 610-1N5297
from Mouser Electronics is for 1 Mill amp
You put this in line with power supply with a volt meter you can measure
voltage (higher as Silver is further apart and lower as you move silver
closer together). It adjust voltage to maintain  mill amp rating..