-------- Original Message --------  Subject: CS> Resent-Date: Sun, 6 Aug
2006 18:59:56 -0700 Resent-From: silver-list@eskimo.com Date: Sun, 06 Aug
2006 22:00:35 -0400 (EDT) From: brooks76009
<brooks76...@lycos.com><brooks76...@lycos.com> Reply-To:
silver-list@eskimo.com Organization: Lycos. Inc. To:
<silver-list@eskimo.com> <silver-list@eskimo.com>

Dear Terry,
I will try to give useful address your questions. Obviously, it is
impractical to attempt to exclude ALL extraneous minerals from the diet of
test subjects......when attempting to evaluate the effects of kelp (or any
other substance)as the central mineral support. However, our researches
revealed that ONLY the marine kelps furnished the acceptable levels of each
mineral (present in the seawater).....for insuring proper general health
(devoid of noticeable visual, behavioral, motor, systemic or measured blood
chemistry aberrations). I will not bore you with details, but one
interesting development we encountered was that the introduction of
increased levels of some inorganic source minerals, sometimes caused an
unexpected overcompensation from the levels of one or more UNRELATED
minerals. One reason for this appeared to be that the availability levels,
absorption coefficients and other parameters often varied...based upon the
source and chemical state of these minerals (e.g. isolated or compounded).
Any answer I might offer for your question relative to the "macro-minerals
you mentioned", would be one of conjecture addressing their actual
utilization in a dynamic living system. However, I will advance one
observation: Science (to my knowledge) does not, at present, know...beyond
question, the initial quantity of all minerals, the exact utilization
efficiency, all of the living system stages/processes involved, nor all of
the ancillary activities occurring.....within and among the constituents of
most living systems. I might even suggest that
the assumed levels for a mineral might be immensely smaller in
point-of-fact.....than currently assumed, if the EFFICIENCY of utilization
varies greatly enough.
We were able to induce some form of deficiency from almost any given
concoction of mineral supplements ARTIFICIALLY compounded by our staff. e.g.
whenever we mixed FIXED strength levels of different minerals in different
states (i.e. compounded or isolated; organic or inorganic base ).
Additionally, when utilizing fossil-era mineral substances (Leonardite
shale, Azomite, etc.) we sometimes found them to be less effective than
those elements in current kelp samples......we have no explanation for this
since the materials employed were altered in general volume to reflect,
essentially, equal chemical strengths. Most challenging was the fact that
the entire staff was convinced that indeterminate substances were affecting
the absorb-ability of some of the macro-minerals (similar to how
bioflavonoids may affect utilization of vitamin C, possibly?). This led to a
possible hypothesis that
kelp contained such unknown substances.....but no work has been undertaken,
by us, to expand on this possibility.
My comment in the third paragraph was intended to convey that we were
unable, through dietary modification, or other external manipulations of the
volunteers' ingested mineral spectrum.....to induce a mineral deficiency of
any of the minerals presenting in sea water.......INCLUDING the
macro-minerals. Our results demonstrate---to our satisfaction----that,
indeed, potassium, magnesium, calcium, are ASSIMILATED in sufficient
quantity (from what is the equivalent of 6 ounces of raw kelp or 2 heaping
tablespoons granulated kelp) to meet the body's basic requirements.
Other researchers may have achieved different results from similar
evaluations. If so, we would be more than appreciative of such information.
Many people issue declarative statements, founded many times on conjecture
or opinion, treating them as fact-----before the fact.
I have heard of Concentrace, but have no first-hand knowledge of it.
However, I will say that I believe it is possible that the unmodified
materials from the Great Salt Lake might present an alteration
challenge/requirement.....since I believe the NaCl component is rather high
Our motto remains " Ours is not a better way....ours is just a different
way".
My Best Regards,
Brooks
------[ Received Mail Content ]----------