Richard Goodwin wrote:
Hello,

I'm a new subscriber to this list, having arrived here by a very circuitous route over a few years of reading about colloidal silver and how to make it. And how not to make it. Marshall has been a lot of help recently in this respect.

I'm sure this has already been discussed, but without being able to consult the archives, I'd like to ask this anyway:

I'm looking, as is everyone else probably, for the best way to make colloidal silver. I'm assuming that colloidal content is preferable to ionic content. At least one website claims that it is not possible to make good colloidal silver at home, as the process is too complicated.
That is one reason we often refer to what we make, and like as EIS, electrically isolated silver. It is not possible to make 100% colloidal silver the way we make it, but then we really don't want pure colloidal silver anyway. We have found that a combination of colloidal and ionic is best, which is what EIS is.

If that is true, then something else has been keeping me and my wife cold- and flu- free for the past 3 years, and has cured both of us of lyme disease. :-) I suspect I have been making some mixture of colloidal and ionic.
Likely about 90% ionic and 10% colloidal.

More to the point -- if I am going to use electricity, silver, and distilled water to make CS, what method will produce the highest colloidal content: what voltage, AC or DC, what current?
Both HVAC and low voltage methods will produce between 10 and 15% colloid, and 85 to 90% ionic. Don't worry about the ratio between the two, for the most active go for the smallest particle size on the colloid part, IE crystal clear EIS. If you have yellow EIS, you can usually reduce the particle size by adding a few drops of hydrogen peroxide per glass after it has sat for a couple of days.

Marshall

And are there perhaps some other methods, like nanomaterialstore.com, who makes silver nanoparticles that you could perhaps then mix with distilled water, that might be even better? Certainly not cheaper, at $90/gram of their product.

Cheers!
Dick Goodwin