Hi Steve,

> ... for a period of some months I consumed 2 tablespoons of extra light
> olive oil two times a day.

> Then.... I had my annual physical.     My doctor was extremely pleased
> with my bloodwork.   My blood cholesterol has never been a big issue but
> has hovered around 200 for years.   This time round it was a mere 147.
> I can only look to the ingestion of the olive oil as the likely
> candidate for this change.

That number is actually kinda low, by some authorities. If you talked
to Hal Huggins, for instance, he'd tell you it should be around 220 or
so to be healthiest.

I've heard that, below about 180 or so, you actually experience an
increase in the risk of heart attack, I believe.

> My triglycerides were also really low at about 80.

That's certainly a good number! Are you finding that you're able to
resist the temptation of carbohydrates better on that regemin? High
carb consumption is usually the immediate cause of high triglycerides.

  I have never taken statins and never intend to as I believe
> them to be harmful and at best merely hide a problem instead of
> correcting one.   It's my belief that high cholesterol in itself is not
> the cause of a health problem, but is rather a symptom of a health
> problem.

Agreed on all counts.

How is your blood pressure. Any effects on that?

Thanks,

Mike D.