I've actually injected myself with technical grade products (specifically
IGF-LR3) without issue, and it was never a concern in my mind.  If you're
thinking of transdermal use of MgCl/MgCl6H2O then it's even less of an issue
as the skin does a fine job of being a pre-filter before the immune system
gets called into action.  If you're looking for something like Magnesium
salt flakes that might be used for a soak in the bath, then they're most
likely commercial grade.

Paul

Thank you Steve:)

I've been looking for Magnesium Chloride so I can make it up by the half
gallon or gallon, and all the 'grade' terminology is a little confusing. I
know pharmaceutical grade and food grade are ok for consumption, and I
figured lab grade would have to be mostly pure, but I wasn't sure that
technical grade wasn't just another name for lab grade, and what do they use
technical grade for anyway? I just don't want to use the wrong thing. :/

Annie