I've put CS up my nose dozens of times without any side effects whatsoever. Stings for a few minutes, but that's all.

Bob
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ode Coyote" <odecoy...@windstream.net>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2010 3:05 AM
Subject: Re: CS>CS and sense of smell- losing it

  Never has for me....nor have I heard of it before.

Ode

At 09:45 AM 1/13/2010 -0600, you wrote:
Several of my family have been battling bronchitis for the last week or so. My husband put some CS in a teaspoon, and inhaled it. He did this maybe 4 times over the last few days, and now says he cannot smell anything-- even the chlorine type smell of MMS, or fragrance oils straight from the bottle. (I am a soapmaker, so have lots of that around.)

He had recently read that the use of ZICAM, a zinc-based OTC product that you used by swabbing in the nasal passages, caused
loss of sense of smell.

Will sniffing CS into the nasal passages do the same thing?

Beth H