Hi All,

Anyone here have any anecdotal experience using CS on avian pox? I suspect we
have had a couple of house finches in my usual backyard flock succumb to it. It
is supposedly a virus, but I'm stuck as to how to get CS into "MY" backyard
songbird population in any good fashion. Last night, we had another actually
flutter to the back door and sit on the mat in full view of the housecat inside.

Symptoms I can see (yes, I picked it up to check for broken limbs, etc):

-Lesions on the sides of beak (softer tissues - corner of the mouth?)
-Apparent difficulty breathing, appears to be mouth related, not necessarily
lung related as I can hear a clicking sound near the beak
-1 very large lesion encompassing what would be the ball of the foot, close to
1 cm in diameter & incorporating 3 of 4 toes

The bird is feisty & appears strong, except for the breathing issue, so I don't
know how far along this would be in the disease.

                <Upon resending this, I checked...the little thing died
overnight, so it was apparently the end of the disease, whatever it was.>

I'd like to see if CS would help out there, but falling rain  and the birds
foul the water I put out...

Thanks,
Heather