Annie,

Here are what I consider good reasons. They are for the no-flush version
of B-3.

Vitamin B3 acts on the tau protein.

The Vitamin B3 study was performed on rats. UC Irvine is currently
seeking volunteers for a human clinical trial. Here is a link to an
abstract of the Vitamin B3 study:

Nicotinamide Restores Cognition in Alzheimer's Disease ...
The Journal of Neuroscience, November 5, 2008
http://www.jneurosci.org/cgi/content/abstract/28/45/11500

Here is a link to the UC Irvine announcement on the study they
performed:

Vitamin B3 reduces Alzheimer's symptoms, lesions
http://today.uci.edu/iframe.php?p=/news/release_detail_iframe.asp?key=18
49

Here are a couple of good articles on the UC Irvine study:

High Doses of Vitamins Fight Alzheimer's Disease
http://orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/v04n25.shtml

Alzheimer's Disease and a Possible Cure
http://dickshealthdebate.blogspot.com/2009/05/alzheimers-disease-and-pos
sible-cure.html

High dose vitamin B3 has also been found beneficial in some cases of
diabetes and schizophrenia:

Another Anecdote of Schizophrenia
http://www.doctoryourself.com/hoffer_anecdote.html

 - Steve