Renee wrote:
Whoa--Marshall, I can make my own? I have the chlorite and citric acid. What would the ratio be--any idea? For permeable bag--maybe a plastic bag with holes punched above the mix?

Citric acid has a molecular weight of 192 and sodium chlorite has a molecular weight of 90.44, and it takes equal mols of each according to this equation:

C6H8O7 + NaClO2 = ClO2 + NaC6H5O7 + 3H

Thus one would needs to use 2.12 times as much BY WEIGHT of sodium chlorite as citric acid for 100% efficiency. However I would simply put an excess of citric acid, like 30% sodium chlorite and 60% citric acid which works out to be 2.33 to 1.

Marshall
I have a closet I was going to send for a bag for, at the time thinking "well, it's too bad MMS doesn't last long enough to do this job" and now you say just mixing the powders together will. Regular air moisture will sloooowly make the chlorine dioxide, huh? Well, of course, since that's how MMS works. Just didn't think of the powders being able to do that job. thanks! Samala,
Renee
/-------Original Message-------/ Anyone who makes their own MMS can easily make those as well by mixing
the sodium chlorite and citric acid powders and placing them into a
permeable bag.