At 10:35 AM 2/3/2010, you wrote:
Hello Mike,

Interesting...

I prefer HDPE to PETE, but I am usually using stronger chemicals.

Also, I have noticed that the distilled water with higher purity in my area
comes in HDPE containers.  I haven't noticed any fouling of the water... but
I haven't really paid much attention to it either.

I also prefer HDPE to PETE, for the reason that HDPE jugs have handles which are easier for me to use. I notice no off or plastic taste to either my EIS stored in HDPE jug or in the distilled water which we purchase in HDPE containers.
sol