Hi There Helen - when you say S.F. are you referring to Santa Fe - if so the water in New Mexico is very heavy in minerals which is not good for making EIS - so get some distilled water from the supermarket make sure you purchase only one bottle at a time, so you can test each as you take them home and see which works out to have the lowest reading on your meter - I cannot remember which Brand I found the best when I lived there, and even so they have probably all changed since I left. Just keep on trying until you find the Brand water with the lowest reading - there is no filter that I know of which can take all the properties whether they be man made or God made out of water to make the best EIS.
Take good care and all the best
Sandee