Tony Moody wrote:
Hi Marshall,

I've don't have ascorbate.

I've been taking EIS and vitC at virtually same time due to when I think I'm getting a cold I'll take both. Also I quite often I do a buffered VitC and bicarb mix so that would be the ascorbate. Yes?
Good point. I said that I did not have any ascorbate, but you are right, I can easily make my own. The only problem is that if I have extra ascorbic acid or sodium bicarbonate, they could become involved in the reaction and mess up the results.
Also note that I make EIS using tap water but with current control.

I have added a tiny amount of VitC powder, ascorbic acid, to some freshly made EIS , made in a bottle with some of the black silver tinge, especially at the bottom, The ascorbic acid didn't seem to have dissolved any of the black after about an hour?
It won't, it converts ionic silver to silver metal. The black stuff is already silver metal.
Uhh, its about a day later; I've just had a look and the 'clear' has gone to a cloudy, light grey colour, the sediment has gone from a thin layer of black to a what seems a thicker layer of grey and brown. Taste has changed from something like a faint unidentifiable fruity flavour after an hour, to a 'flat', watery, metallic, sandy taste; . I'm not too good at tasting so I may be trying too hard.
It is hard to say what you might have if you are using tap water, depending on what compounds are formed from the water impurities, the ascorbic acid may or may not react, and could actually produce something other than colloidal particles of silver.

Marshall
OK,
Tony