Well the first brew I made - although pale - *was* perfectly clear.  The second
one was too - until I put in 1 drop of H202 then it went very slightly cloudy.
When I put in another drop of H202 it went clear.  The first one had a weak
tyndall and the second one had a strong tyndall, and they both read at 10ppm on
the TDS meter.  dee

On 13 Apr 2010, at 04:34, Neville Munn wrote:

> [(ok, ions are particles too, but you know what I mean)
> -Yep, yep, know what you mean.
>
> [So if your brew is highly ionic]
> -Remember it's only going to be highest in ionic content *immediately* after
> cessation of brewing, things will change while it's sitting until a point of
> stabilization has been attained, some ions will be lost to collisions thus
> forming particle clusters or crystals etc.
>
> [However, a heavy tyndall effect is ok as long as the brew is crystal clear.]
> -And THAT is MY philosophy on EIS, be it clear OR coloured, if it's coloured
> then that colour must be a pure, clean, crystal clear colour {oxymoron? you
> should know what I mean though} and transparent as I've explained before, NOT
> murky, NOT cloudy, and NOT anything else, just pure clear colour {oops,
> there's that oxymoron again}.

Archives: