I believe you are mistaken about this.  The AVERAGE lifespan has increased
versus 100 years ago, but this is largely because of eradication of
childhood diseases and better quality water, etc.  100 years ago LOTS of
folks made it their 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's, but they were healthier and
more active at that age than their same-aged contemporaries.  Lots of people
are living longer today but with lower quality of life in their senior years
(eg. nursing homes).

--
Alan Jones

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor
prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or
to the people."  (Tenth Amendment to the US Constitution)