"Average" life span of 100 years ago would include a LOT of infant and early
childhood mortality figures that skew the average downward.  Not sure how much.

Dick

________________________________
From: Alan Jones <alanmjo...@gmail.com>
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Sent: Fri, April 23, 2010 9:46:38 AM
Subject: Re: CS>More on Cell-Phone and Cell-Tower radiation

I believe you are mistaken about this.  The AVERAGE lifespan has increased
versus 100 years ago, but this is largely because of eradication of childhood
diseases and better quality water, etc.  100 years ago LOTS of folks made it
their 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's, but they were healthier and more active at
that age than their same-aged contemporaries.  Lots of people are living longer
today but with lower quality of life in their senior years (eg. nursing homes).

--
Alan Jones

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor
prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to
the people."  (Tenth Amendment to the US Constitution)