As for Naltrexone, if you look up the chemical structure and compare that with morphine, you will find they vary in only a few molecules. So since morphine is a naturally derived opiate, Naltrexone cannot really be classed with the pharmaceuticals that are synthetic chemicals that affect enzymes in the body. Naltrexone also ties up opiate receptor sites in opposition to Morphine in the body but without causing a "high" or narcotic effect, which is why it works to get people off narcotics and alcohol. By binding the site, it boosts the release of natural endorphins in the body, so boosts the immune system.

I am as opposed to prescription drugs as anyone, but I find this to be different from most allopathic medicine, being naturally derived. And the low dose Naltrexone, 1/11th of a pill or less, is such a small amount it doesn't affect the liver like the full-strength Naltrexone may over a long time. I just wish my Dad could have taken it for his parkinson's to see if it would have caused some improvement.

Nancy