Chickpeas will get into pre-sprouting state. Chickpeas need more cooking
than most beans. It seems phytic acid is reduced just by soaking and without
water being discarded. Most beans will be good and soft in 30 minutes or
less if they have been soaked 12-24 hours

All people getting food stamps should be forced to attend a bean cooking
class

I see more bean eating as the economy goes downhill