That is the mixture they used to use in those old fire extinguishers that you turn upside down to start (without the beans of course).

Marshall

Ode Coyote wrote:

I was in Seattle years ago, cooking beans in a pressure cooker and we decided that baking soda was a good idea...then..that vinegar was tasty.

WHAT A MESS  !!  Bean sludge EVERYWHERE !!
..and these guys were organic chemistry majors.

DOH !!

One OR the other, people.
"And" makes a decent ceiling texture sprayer of high velocity super hot lumpy bean paint. [With pretty green parsley speckles ]

 Chicken mush paint?  ...don't ask.

  BAM!!! Cooker blows itself off the  stove....spin spin spin.
 I never thought I'd be mopping a ceiling AND the walls and floor.
Don't put too many chickens in a pressure cooker... they cluck like a shotgun, real loud and a huge pattern.

Ode