Some silver will plate out on the negative electrode. Using a silver negative
electrode allows you to recover the plated out silver for use.

- Steve N

From: David AuBuchon [mailto:aubuchon.da...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 08:20 PM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Subject: EXTERNAL:Re: CS>Does the cathode need to be silver?

Correct me if I am wrong, but absolutely NOTHING physically comes off of the
negative terminal during production, right?  The only thing that comes off
would be electrons reacting with water molecules or incoming silver ions or a
few amount of contaminant cations.  I'm wondering if the ideal gen has a lot of
surface area on cathode also.  If so, copper would be preferable so you don't
pay for all that extra silver.

Hey, could that also make a gen that doubles as a colloidal copper setup?  What
do people use colloidal copper for anyway?

~David