  From: Jim Holmes
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2010 10:17 PM
  Subject: Re: CS>voltage meter

  Hello all,

  I am interested in any opinions and comments and discussion of the work of
Gerry Tennant that anyone can offer.

  TIA,

       Jim

  On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 11:29 PM, Norton, Steve <stephen.nor...@ngc.com>
wrote:

    I would very much like to know just what voltage Dr. Tennant is talking
about. If you are not grounded and in an RF shielded room, you are very likely
to measure voltage potentials caused by static charges or outside
electromagnetic signals. I have read that you are also able to pick up small
electrical potential variations going through the skin when muscles are
contracting and relaxing.. With a bit of testing and practice you can raise,
lower and reverse the polarity of the tiny voltages present on your skin.

    If he is talking about voltage across a cell membrane I don't see how that
is possible. See:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nernst_equation
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldman_equation

    The voltage level of -20 mV and -25 mV would seem to relate to a cell
membrane voltage but you cannot measure a single cell's membrane voltage
potential.

    In his video he moves his whatchamacallit across the skin looking for dry
areas and says that they indicate areas of low voltage potential. But you would
measure skin resistivity to find those areas not voltage. I don't think you can
use a voltmeter to measure anything relevant.

     - Steve N