Marshall Dudley wrote:

> Victoria Welch wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone and thanks in advance!
> >
> > I'm trying to understand why there seems to be a variation in startup
> > currents when using Distilled Water (DW).
>
> Pure water is almost an insulator.  Extremely small amounts of dissolved
> salts, gases or metal ions increase the conductivity tremendously.

Sounds like a place where the Hanna TDS meter just might shine :).  THe
Cullysprings (and Safeway - I suspect it is Cullysprings bottled under
the Safeway brand name) has a reading of one (1) fresh out of the bottle
- consistantly so far.  I'll have to correlate that against the 1cm
probe values to see what happens.

Thanks & take care, Vikki
--
Victoria Welch, WV9K, DoD#-13, Net/Sys/WebAdmin SeaStar.org,
vikki.oz.net