From: Sara Mandal-Joy [mailto:smjl...@wavewls.com]
Sent: Saturday, December 04, 2010 1:17 PM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: CS>Re: Psoriasis?

  There is no much actual kefir left in the whey, after separating it.
You could use the whole kefir, without separating it, I'm guessing,
though it might be hard to rinse out.  It is the whey, dripped out,
leaving all the thicker creamy particles
behind, that is the medicinal aspect.    I drain the kefir in a large
plastic funnel - the size used for pouring oil into a car.  I use two
cotton handkerchiefs, or one large cotton/sackcloth kitchen towel folded
in four - prefer the handkerchiefs, easier to rinse out.  I line the
funnel with these, and pour the finished kefir in.  After a few hours
most of the whey will have dripped out and be useable.  Some folks like
the cream cheese at that consistency, others gather the draining cloth
into a ball and hang it till it reaches the consistency they desire, or
even press it for a hard cheese.  I never go to all that trouble.  We
love it as a soft cream cheese, and get plenty of medicinal whey this
way.  I am guessing you could use it as a body rinse, for skin problems
elsewhere - perhaps even just add it to the bathwater and let them have
a good soak?  Oh, one thing you should be aware of if you try this on
the scalp, that as you are first working the whey into the hair, it is
good to cover the eyes with a washcloth or something, as the whey can sting
if it gets in the eyes.  After working it in and rinsing, it leaves hair
shiny and soft as well.  I don't have scalp problems, but also use this
as a hair rinse because it works so well.  Sara