Thanks Sol,
This is very helpful.
I don't want to put you out, but if you ever do find the photos, I'd be interested.

Meanwhile, I'll observe the two-hour wait. Sonfs good.
Be well,
Léna
On Jan 30, 2011, at 11:13 AM, sol wrote:

Guyot Léna wrote:
Hi Mike,
How long after one has put DMSO on skin would it still have carrying potential? EG., if I put DMSO and CS on a wound on my hand and later wanted to put regular hand lotion on for cold-weather chapping.
Thanks and be well,
Léna
From veterinary experience a friend of mine had with artemesinin as cancer treatment on a pet, DMSO causes the skin to remain permeable for at least a full hour after application. In this particular treatment, a 50/50 mix of DMSO and distilled water was applied to the area to be treated, then allowed to dry for an hour. After the hour, the artemesinin was applied, and it absorbed into the skin.

I used to have photos of the artemesinin application and then a photo of it at 1 hour post application. If you want to see them I can try to find them and send to you.

FWIW, years ago I read somewhere that the skin permeability from DMSO lasts around 2 hours. Don't remember where I read it, though, but I have always gone by that timing if I was at all unsure of any ingredient in anything I was applying after DMSO. Personally, the only thing I apply to skin immediately after or within 2 hours of using DMSO is pure virgin coconut oil, but that is my own personal preference and usage.
sol