> Sorry Mike, I meant with no items in ie jewelry etc., just fluid.

Ahh, that's sensible! <lol>

I don't see why it should break the unit(s). I've run proper
professional units with just water in them for extended periods without
problems. I can't imagine that the lecithin is going to cause a
problem, but without testing, how could we know?

My suspicion is you got a couple of bad units... but that seems so
unlikely if they're indeed a solid brand.

If you get to try another one, try running it for an hour with just
water, first?

<sigh> Dunno what else to say...

...except, good luck with the Harbor Freight unit!

Peace,

Mike D.

> Normally there would be items in the cleaner with the water and, not
> being technical, I was just wondering whether that would make a
> difference. No, I always go way past the minimum level. I'm getting more
> convinced of it being a problem with the lecithin. The last machine a
> tried was a bona fide professional cleaner with a 60 minute timer and 2
> year guarantee. That was broken in little over 15 minutes of continuous
> use and the tank temperature was below 30 degrees when it was designed
> to go up to 80 degrees (Centigrade).
>
> All the best
> Richard

Archives: