I really have no experience on this specific topic, and thus cannot really provide any scientifically experience grounded advise. However I am reluctant to put EIS or CS in the eye over the long term. Although unlikely to produce any argyria, if it did, the effect on the vision could be so severe that I would only use it occasionally personally for things like pink eye or a sty.

Marshall