Hi Lois,
Perhaps, but it sounds like you made good use of them anyway, with great memories and a stand of trees to boot!
Be well,
Léna
On Oct 22, 2011, at 8:59 AM, zzekel...@aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 10/21/2011 11:49:12 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, mdud...@king-cart.com writes: I just got a bunch of lovely black walnuts: bright green and un- smashed, and have put them in a big glass container When I was a kid I took a bunch of black walnuts & carried them down to our woods. {on my horse } I went around stomping them into the ground..Now There are many beautiful black walnut trees there...We used to shuck them through the corn sheller & put them in the attic on a sheet to dry..Hard devils to crack but the walnut cake -- icecream--cookies---on & on were worth it..All these useful things medically & I never knew about them. Lois