In a message dated 10/21/2011 11:49:12 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
mdud...@king-cart.com writes:

I just got a bunch of lovely black  walnuts: bright green and un-smashed,
and have put them in a big glass  container

When I was a kid I took a bunch of black walnuts & carried  them down to
our woods. {on my horse }  I went around stomping them into  the ground..Now
There are many beautiful black walnut trees there...We used to  shuck them
through the corn sheller & put them in the attic on a sheet to  dry..Hard
devils to crack but the walnut cake --icecream--cookies---on  & on were worth
it..All these useful things medically & I never knew  about them. Lois