Hi Elbert,
I'm so sorry you're in this situation and I know it must be very scary for you. I'm not really conversant with diabetes, and I'm sure that treating that is your first line of defense.

I just have Lyme disease which has caused lots and lots of floaters, dry-eye, occasional uveiitis, and at 66, I have the beginnings of cataracts. I can only speak from my own experience, which may not be applicable to your situation. After years of dry-eye that was beginning to cause real sticking discomfort (accompanied by tiny flashes of phosphenes on awakening, I dropped CS into my eyes and was surprised how improved they were. Later on, I discovered Natural Sight's MSM Eye drops, and these seemed to help as well. MSM helps nutrients get into the cells and toxins to leave. When my bottle finished, I simply dissolved some MSM in my CS and it seemed to work just as well. I have noticed a very slight decrease in floaters, since.

Before diagnosis of Lyme I had a bad bout of uveiitis which was treated with abx cream. It took over a week to subside. After having Lyme diagnosis, I was wary of abx, not wanting to drive the Lyme into cyst form, so I used CS again with a few drops of DMSO added to the dropper bottle. It stung briefly, but cleared my flare in just three days and the ophthamologist was impressed with how clear things were in the split-lamp exam.

Since then, I've heard that N-Acetyl Carnosine is supposed to break up cataracts, and I got some powder, but haven't made a mix yet. I do know that it's available in drops, but I like to make my own, frequently rather than discard after 30 days which gets expensive.You might want to google it. There's a lot of info there. I do hope you find something that will save your sight. Please try find ways to ease your panic, as its stress will work against you and you have a future to steadily fight for.

Be well,
Léna