Someone mentioned that it would be helpful if you got your blood sugar
under control.

My hubby was diagnosed with diabetes a year ago.  Following the 'Zone'
diet, his sugar (which was reading 300 - 400 and his AC1 at 12.5,
dropped to 95 - 112 and AC1 to 6.5 in just six weeks.  His doctor was
amazed and said he had never had a diabetes patient's readings drop so
dramatically in such a short period of time.  Hubby has since lost 30
- 40 # and has cut his diabetes medication by 1/2.

 The 'Zone' protocol just keeps the blood sugar from spiking so bad
and is super easy to follow.  Basically, you balance every meal and
every piece of food that you put in your mouth... you balance the
protein, carbs and fats.

He also takes the supplements ..   R-Lipoic Acid. Benfotiamine, B-12,
B-6, Folic Acid and Vit C.  These are all good for diabetes and
addresses some of the nerve problems associated with diabetes.

One other thing you might check into.  In our town, a medical practice
devoted just to eye care, performs cataract surgery for free to
patients who can't afford it.  You might call your health center or
any of these eye practices to see if they offer this service and what
you have to do to qualify.

I have read anecdotally, of DMSO used by some in the eyes.  I don't
know much about it, not having researched it but...  DO YOUR
HOMEWORK.. and only use the purest grades you can find.  I know that
apricotsfromgod.com offers the pharmeceutical grade for sale (ain't
cheap) and http://dmso.bz/pages/1/index.htm  offers a high quality
product.  DON'T USE IT FULL STRENGTH.  Mix only with distilled water.
Look into this very closely before you decide on this.  Be very
careful and make sure you know what your are doing.

Most of all... don't panic.  Sit down, calm down.... start doing your
research.. make calls to see if there are any resources out there for
you and get your sugar under control.  Good luck, my friend.
Lola