I think it is necessary to know the uS of the distilled water you start with, before you can say uS can be considered the same as ppm. But if the distilled water (tested with a Hanna PWT which I think is an EC meter) reads, as an example, .3 uS then I consider uS and ppm the same. The difference is too small to be concerned about. If you have a TDS meter, then I don't know, it reads to a different scale and will not read below 1.0, which is not pure enough distilled water for me to get clear CS.
sol

Asif Nathekar wrote:
I was reading that some people were considering uS as ppm for CS
Which had me think was my 15us brew a 7/8 ppm or 15. The variance is large and given the discussions of high ppm recently it got me even more interested.