I just put some DMSO in the bottle cap and dipped my finger in and then
rubbed it on the gun/tooth root area.  I did this several times.

Yes, it tastes awful, but you also get used to it.  Let's see, 10 minutes
or less of bad taste vs. a lifetime of intermittent excrutiating pain...
Hmmmm.....  I guess I won't try it.

Dan