I honestly don't know what to tell you.  The only root canals I have
gotten were due to the auto accident.  Back in the day, cars had vents
at the front windows.  They suppose that I hit the tip of the vent
when I was thrown out of the car because my upper lip was split up
into my left nostril (I lost the 'v' on my top lip), one front tooth
was knocked out, the other top tooth was broken off 1/2 way and all my
teeth were loosened up and sore.. oh my.. so sore.  I couldn't eat
solid foods for weeks because my mouth/teeth hurt so bad.

I was in the hospital for two weeks and when I got out, I made an appt
with my dentist.  The poor man almost had a heart attack when I limped
into his office, covered with bandages, demanding that he fix my teeth
(vanity.. thy name is woman).  He refused to touch me until my upper
lip was healed. Makes sense, huh?  Point being, the accident happened
on July 4th weekend but he couldn't start work on me until the first
of Sept.

During that time, they had me on antibiotics for all the cuts, cement
burns etc.  So.. I am surprised that your tooth has gone bad so fast
but, in my case, the antibiotics probably kept the bacteria at bay.  I
am real fuzzy on the details but apparently, when a tooth root is
injured, it is in such a confined space that it is difficult to treat
it and a root canal (removing the injured/dead root) is the only
solution.  I know people say.. 'don't get a root canal' but.. what is
the alternative?  I don't hear any suggestions for that except pulling
the tooth, right?

It would be difficult for cs to penetrate to the root by itself.  DMSO
is itself an anti-bacterial, anti-viral substance.  DMSO along with cs
would penetrate but I can't be sure that it would be sufficient to
'cure' a dead root.  It would probably get rid of the bacteria.  Is it
a top tooth or a bottom tooth?

I get my DMSO from   http://www.dmso.bz/pages/1/index.htm      I don't
have any financial interests in this company.  I just like their
product. You could mix DMSO - 50% - with say.. 20% distilled water and
30% cs?
DMSO penetrates everything and carries everything with it.  You could
swish it around for five minutes or so 4 - 5 times x day then spit it
out.  I take about a tsp to a tbsp internally mixed with distilled
water each day.

Without antibiotics, I just don't know if you have the time to 'mess
around' with the DMSO and see if it helps the situation or is
effective.  The hydrogen peroxide won't hurt, for sure but.. none of
it is getting to the root.
I wouldn't use the hydrogen peroxide with DMSO.  But it would be fine
with the cs.  I read somewhere in somebody's post, that they mixed the
cs and DMSO and just dabbed the mixture on and around their tooth with
a Q-tip.

There is a DMSO site on yahoo.. You might join and see if anyone has
suggestions for you or has had similar situations.  I don't think it
matters whether the root is dead because of trauma or infection.  If
you decide to order the DMSO from the site I gave you, just email the
owner and tell him your situation and that you need the DMSO yesterday
and see what he can do for you so far as shipping it quick.  They
offer a sample 4 oz (I think) bottle of DMSO, no shipping charges, for
$ 15.00.

Keep us posted, ok?    Lola

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 9:50 PM,  <mborg...@att.net> wrote:
> Dear Lola, On saturday I fell on  my face landed on my left cheek scarred up
> and down but I quickly used cs and it started the healing but on Monday the
> right  jaw was hurting, I thought it was heart, than the tooth started so I
> started using cs it took away the swelling and pain.   I went to the dentist
> on Tuesday hoping it was trauma but he said the tooth was discolored and
> dying and that the x ray showed the root was dark.
> How can one find out if it is an infection or trauma related?  I have been
> using cs  every few hrs no pain.  Can I use h202 would it penetrate better I
> do not know how to use dmso internally.
> No One answered if the cs would penetrate the tooth?
> Mary

>>> canal.  He is a holistic dentist,the tooth is lightly discolored and in