phoenix23002 tds.net wrote:
I am not sure of the science behind it and .. maybe one who has FM already knows whether it works or not but supposedly guaifenesin is helpful for FM (google it). Guaifenesin is a product used in cold remedies to 'water' down mucous etc and is fairly harmless. Lola

The "science" seems to be to be a bit silly, but that is my opinion. I tried it for several months some years ago after being told I had fibro, and it did not work for me. It does really seem to help some people though. I still belong to a great email forum for Guai and other alternatives for FMS because not only do they have tons of info on the Guai protocol, and all about how to avoid salycilates, but they also do discuss other ways to help FMS, and its related issues.
http://www.psha-inc.com/guai-support/
sol